I woke up at 8 in the morning to my friend’s cell phone txt
message alert thinking that it was the alarm to wake up. So for once I was
ready to go before my friend.
A boat trip around Tokyo while enjoying the food would not be a bad way to explore her, I will have to try that out next time.
We stopped by a local temple and it is known for its big red lanturn at its front gate.
Just to be clear, these are cheap imitation sold to tourist suckers like me, the real sword would cost you an arm or a leg.
Since I cannot speak Japanese, me and my friend was communicating in English and all of a sudden I heard from behind me in Cantonese, "Hey, use English to ask him to help us take a picture". There was a family of four with 2 daughters (the older one the dad asked to speak to us in English is actually quite cute). The family was from Hong Kong and the Dad was teasing his daughter to use the English she learn in school to communicate with us.
Deciding to spare the daughter the incident, I simply turn around and speak in Cantonese that I could help them take the picture. I love these little things you encounter, it is these little things that give the whole trip more flare.
You can always count on MacDonald, lol.
After the temple visit, we started heading toward Ueno Park and of course use the local JR. I lost count by now how often and how much the JR pass saved us on money.
At the underground tunnel, we saw a couple fought and then split apart. The woman walked around the corner then peak around to see if the man would chase after her. I felt like watching a Japanese drama up close at the shooting.
We took the subway then walk the rest of the way to Ueno park and found stands everywhere like it was a festival.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOden!!!! I've wanted to try them since they always picture them so delicious in Anime.
I had Oden and takoyaki there. The Oden turns out to be very plain at first until you add the mustard and it suddenly became PERFECT.
SAVE THE GOLDFISH! Only $3 a try with a paper scoop, lol.
After Ueno Park, we headed to Akihabara. The area in Tokyo known for its Anime, Maid Cafes and Used Electronics. Through in recent years, my friend told me, it became more of a fashion district.
The girl dressed as a maid in the picture was paid to give directions to people around Akihabara. And there are plenty of maids cafe there too.
My friend is obsessed with imparting to me the experience of family restaurants in Japan and here is another attempt through a family restaurant chain called COCO'S.
After lunch at COCO'S, we continued to explore Akihabara and for the first time since arriving in Japan, my Anime craving was getting its fill.
We literally spend the rest of daylight and the night there in Akihabra. And what trip would be complete without enjoying one of the favorite pastime of Japanese, Arcade.
The secret to the crank catcher game in my opinion is patience and a control on your greed. People always want to get it in one go, but we figure out how to get the same thing for sure with $5 for a $20 figurine. We walked out of there like bandits.
This was a good day. We head on back to our hostel after stopping to grab a bite.
No comments:
Post a Comment