We start the day with a light breakfast and head strict to the Tokyo fish market. This is the largest fish market in Japan. The auction for fresh fish usually starts at 5am, long before the train started running, so if you wanted to go see it, you better stay at places close by or have access to a car.
The fish market were also closed off to non-Japanese for a while because it is a place where Yakuza and other gangs hang out and tourist were attack before.
It was stupid of me to not eat there. Right outside the fish market were tons of eateries and WHY DID I NOT EAT THERE!!!!! I'll have to correct that mistake next time I visit.
I LOVE ONIGIRI!!
I did get one souvenir from there, Pufferfish fin. Japanese people buy dried Pufferfish fin and they roast it lightly on an open fire then drop it into hot sake to drink. Pufferfish's body is fill with slight amount of the neurotoxin it carries and gives people a numbing sensation even if prepare correctly. Maybe those fins does something similar in hot Sake (I still have the fin and did not use it).
To those who love Eels, is that photo above a beautiful sight?
Here is some REAL honest to god wasabi. They grate it up and you get the wasabi you eat sushi with.
After the visit to the fish market, we headed to the tokyo tower for a good view of Tokyo.
It was raining lightly that morning so the gloom prevented us from enjoying the view from its excellent vantage point.
Apparently this place also act as a light music club on certain nights.
After touring the observation deck of the tower, we catch the return elevator down and it deposit us to the souvenir shops and the food court.
I just cannot get enough ramen in Japan.
After we departed the Tokyo tower, we headed over to the Metropolitan Government office where there is yet another obervation deck. Personally, I agree with my friend that the view offered by the government building is better than that of the Tokyo tower.
After the government building, we headed over to the Imperial Palace where the Emperior of Japan lives. During new year, the Emperior would come out on to the upper ledge of the palace gate to greet the Japanese people.
Around the Palace are fields of pebbles again, good luck staying silent walking on those.
After sightseeing various places, we went back to the government building area where there is the only Sizzler restaurant in Japan and had dinner there.
The Japanese people are so affraid of mad cow disease and distrust of other countries' food safety inspection that even the beef in the manual list specifically where the meat comes from. US, Australia, Japan, etc.
It is definitely one of the juiciest steak I had anywhere.
This Starbuck had been visited by all the famous US movie stars and it is in front of the famous Shibuya crossing in lots of Japanese anime.
The famous 109 building, the fashion district of the area.
Yeah, someone apparently asked us if we want to have a good time (sex). We accidentally stumbled into another redlight district.
** As we get back to our hostel by subway, we witnessed at
one of our stop of a fight. A Japanese middle age men fell. The noise of him
fallen was the first notice we had of trouble.
The man immediately gets back up and start attacking a
teenager that was behind him. There was not much of a fight put up by the older
man and the station masters stepped in fairly soon after that.
The station master send the train on before going back to
deal with the situation. It was something I did not expect to see after the
whole experience of Japanese being proper and polite.
No comments:
Post a Comment