On our way to exploring more of Osaka, we ran into one of Charlie's friend, Ben. We grabbed a bite to eat at a cafe nearby while they chat up a storm.
(Left is me, middle is Ben, right is Ben's girlfriend)
Ben (British Ben) and his girlfriend just finish visiting the Aquarium in Osaka the day before. The biggest Aquarium in the world, Kaiyukan, was not one of my stop because I came to experience Japanese culture, not to observe fish culture.
I just decide to take a picture of it because it is the first sign that I could recognized (being illiterate of the Japanese language) of Puffer fish. I originally went with the intention of trying Puffer fish, but it turns out the time I went is just the most poisonous season for them.
I am disappointed at not having try this famous dish, but at the same time relieve cause a handful of people STILL die each eat from eating puffer fish from licensed vendors. Puffer fish is just that difficult to prepare and dangerous to consume.
As I continue exploring Osaka following my friend Charlie, we ran into this doll that looks like a clown but not quite it. According to Charlie it is supposedly a popular icon in Osaka. I cannot see why, but I'll blame it on lack of cultural understanding
It was raining on and off the whole day but we lucked out with a break from the rain before the sunset. Shopping arcades, Karaoke, restaurants of all types lined up walling us in. I even found a restuarant where they have a giant pool in the middle and you sit around it fishing out your own food. Apparently you catch it from the pool and they cook it for you.
I didn't get to go over there to take a better look, but I wonder is that real? Is that a ferris wheel of sort?
The rain started to pick up again and people start to clear the street. You can see there something like a ferry stop at the edge of the canal. Maybe there is a canal boat tour or something, but it is something I would not find out this trip.
If I did not mess up too badly, I believe this is the outside of the Okonomiyaki shop where me, charlie and his relatives ate the first time we came to Osaka.
Apparently this running man picture is something found only in Osaka. I wish I know whats the significant of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment